Computer and Networking Infrastructure expert with over 18 years of experience working hands on and in a managerial capacity with every layer of the stack.
I’ve done enterprise deployments in co-located server farms and I’ve migrated entire companies into the cloud. I’ve led multi-billion dollar companies, designing, building and operating highly available, high performance production services on a global scale.
My broad range of knowledge helps me see the bigger picture so I can find the best ways for businesses to get more out of their IT investment.
- Unix and Linux based systems (SmartOS, Solaris, RedHat, Ubuntu)
- Web applications / Code (LAMP, Apache/Nginx, PHP, Node.js, Ruby, Python, Java, J2EE, PERL)
- Enterprise and Databases (Oracle, MSSQL, DB2, MySQL, PGSQL)
- Storage (EMC², NetApp, NFS, S3, Google Cloud Storage)
- Network (Cisco, F5 & Riverbed/Brocade Load balancers)
- NoSQL DBs (MongoDB, Couchbase, Memcached)
- Data Center (Global Load Balancing, DDOS Mitigation, Server farms, IAAS, public and private cloud)
- Cloud Providers (Joyent, Google, AWS, Rackspace, Telefonica)
- Development (Git, Subversion, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
- Monitoring (APM, RUM, New Relic, Circonus, Keynote, PagerDuty, VictorOps)
- Virtualization (Docker, Zones, Containers, VMWare)
- High Availability (Clustering, Replication, Disaster Recovery, Business continuity)
- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet)
- Security (Hardened servers, Penetration testing, Intrusion detection systems, Ethical hacking)
Find out more about me on: